Taking duly into account the needs, expectations and ideas expressed during the two phases of the consultations, a working group will be tasked with making concrete and pragmatic proposals on all the aspects of the setting-up and the functioning of the future international training centre.
The working group will be called upon to make recommendations on six main issues:
- Role of the NPMs and the international stakeholders in the setting up of the centre
- Legal status, process and modalities for the creation and the gradual development of the centre
- Governance and functioning of the centre
- Funding of the centre
- Contents and modalities of the trainings
- Conditions of access to the trainings
The working group will be made up of some 15 representatives of NPMs and of international stakeholders of torture prevention who wish to participate. To the extent possible, the composition of the working group will reflect the diversity of NPMs. The meetings of the working group will be held by videoconference, in English and French.
The association will ensure the chair and the secretariat of the working group as well as simultaneous interpretation between English and French.
The working group will adopt the calendar of its meetings.
It will present its recommendations to the association, who will translate them in French and Spanish and publish them on this website.